Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie and iPhoto won't update on Used Macbook Pro Retina

I purchased a used macbook pro retina and did the usually initial setup for the laptop. My issue is that these two stock apps won't update in the app store. I recieve a message asking me to login using the ID that was used to purchase the app. I am assuming this is the ID of the previous owner , which of course I do not have. Any Ideas ???

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 1:46 PM

1 reply

Sep 21, 2013 1:51 PM in response to MorehouseMan83

The MBP needs to be disassociated from the original owners Apple ID. The original owner needs to call Apple Care to request that. Or if you have a sales receipt that proves you legally have purchased the MBP they may do it for you.

Then the MBP needs to be wiped clean and the most recent version of OS X that shipped with the Mac installed using OS X Recovery. You can also reinstall the iLife apps, which you should accept into your Apple ID in the Mac App Store on the Purchaes pane.

iMovie and iPhoto won't update on Used Macbook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.