Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo album trouble with iPad 2 using new ios7.

Actually had the same problem with ios 6 and hoped the new ios 7 would fix it. When I go to my Camera Roll or any album and Select a photo, I get the directions to Add to Album, BUT almost all of my albums won't highlight or accept the new photo. The few albums that will are at the bottom of the albums page and are ones mad fairly recently. Anyone else having trouble adding photos to their albums? Any ideas what to do to make things work like they used to , ie. properly, wit ios5?

iPad 2, iOS 7, Photo Album editing

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 1:51 PM

5 replies

Oct 22, 2013 1:45 PM in response to TimeshareExpert

YOu are the first and only person to reply to my problem! I can't believe more people aren't complaining about it. I used to really enjoy working on my Albums ( have about 20) and now it's a total frustration. Only a couple of Albums will accept new photos. The only way I've gotten around this is to compile my Albums on my computer and then sync them all manually. This is not any fun.

I see there is a new ios7.0.3 which I'll dutifully install, but it says nothing about Photos and Albums so I don't hold out much hope for improvement.

Please let me know if you find any help for this, thanks!

Oct 24, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Baygirl13

Hey Baygirl. I think I've found the answer. It seems you can't add a photo taken from your iphone or ipad to and album that wasn't created on those devices. In other words, most of my albums were created on my pc and synced to my ipad so they are greyed out when I try to add a photo. So, it seems I have to put my new photos on my albums on my pc first, then sync it. I haven't tried it yet but if that doesn't work I'll let you know.

Oct 24, 2013 2:10 PM in response to TimeshareExpert

Thank you Timeshare Expert! I believe you have solved my dilemna. I'd been sorting albums on my Mac and transfering them to the iPad. Guess I can try to make new ones and incorporate all those photos into the new ones. I'm not sure of the best way to do it, because it sounds complicated, but still worth trying. Otherwise, if I transfer an album from the computer, I'll just have to consider it a Fixed & Final Album.

After upgrading to ios7.0.3 and also my Mac to Maverick, I'll need to take a deep breath before I start redoing my albums.

Thank you for your help. Let me know how you get on with your albums too.

Photo album trouble with iPad 2 using new ios7.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.