Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos problem with iOS 7

I have installed iOS-7 on my iPhone 4S.

In iTunes, I click on My iPhone, then select Photos

I then select the "SELECTED ALBUMS, EVENTS AND FACES, AND AUTOMATICALLY INCLUDE NO EVENTS"

I have an album that has the only photos I would like synced to my iphone. There are 492 photos in that album

Under FACEs, I have selected NO faces albums --

BUT

After I sync iTunes with iPhone, I discover that All of my FACES Albums are on my iPhone.

Instead of 492 photos, I have more than 1000, eating up a ton of memory.

In the process of making things easier, I keep discovering that Apple complicates almost everything.

Thanks Mark

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 2:02 PM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2013 6:12 AM in response to Mark905

I was having the same issue also.

I could not understand why I am getting Faces on my iPhone 5 when I have not checked any people in the Faces section of the Sync Dialogue Box.

I found another discussion that has a reasonable explanation:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5251482?answerId=22808702022#22808702022

It explains that any photo you have chosen to import to your phone that has a Face already identified will automatically be sorted by Faces ALSO, meaning in addition being put into the seclected Album you may have chosen and also identifies and sorts your chosen Photos by Faces.

You will notice if you look at a particular Faces Album that not all of the Faces of that person are on the phone, only that Person's Face from your imported phone photos.

I think you would find it is not duplicating the photo twice, but it is just being additionally identified in the Faces section

I hope I have not confused you more.

DavidH

Photos problem with iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.