Skip navigation

App updates...after iOS7

236 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 21, 2013 3:06 PM by Steve Nicholls RSS
iPhoNettie Level 2 Level 2 (290 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 21, 2013 3:01 PM

After my apps update, how do I remove them off of the update screen.  After they update, they have an "open" option.  If I get out of the App Store update page and go back in, the updated apps are still there with the "open" option.  It's getting kinda crowded on my app update page.     Any ideas?

iPhoNettie

Windows Vista, iPhone 5, iPad 4th gen 128gb,
  • sberman Level 7 Level 7 (23,705 points)
    Sep 21, 2013 3:04 PM (in response to iPhoNettie)

iOS 7 has a new capability that allows app updates to occur automatically in the background.  I think what you're seeing is related - a history is kept so you can see which apps have been recently updated without your specific action.

My guess is these apps will remain there for some reasonably short period of time - but I don't know as iOS 7 has only been available for three days.

You will know which apps need updating because they will not say "Open".  If they say "Open", they have already been updated.

• Steve Nicholls Level 4 Level 4 (1,420 points)
    Sep 21, 2013 3:06 PM (in response to iPhoNettie)

You will probably also notice that there is a date heading, then the name of the Apps.  This is because you can now set Apps to update automatically, so the updates screen also becomes a history screen to show what apps have updated and when, and for you to see what was new for that update.

In other words, this is by design, and cannot be changed. Whether or not the "history" here will expire after a certain time, or change for the same app when a new update for that app becomes available remains to be seen at this time.

Regards,

Steve

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.