Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App updates...after iOS7

After my apps update, how do I remove them off of the update screen. After they update, they have an "open" option. If I get out of the App Store update page and go back in, the updated apps are still there with the "open" option. It's getting kinda crowded on my app update page. Any ideas?

iPhoNettie

Windows Vista, iPhone 5, iPad 4th gen 128gb,

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 3:04 PM

iOS 7 has a new capability that allows app updates to occur automatically in the background. I think what you're seeing is related - a history is kept so you can see which apps have been recently updated without your specific action.

My guess is these apps will remain there for some reasonably short period of time - but I don't know as iOS 7 has only been available for three days.

You will know which apps need updating because they will not say "Open". If they say "Open", they have already been updated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2013 3:04 PM in response to iPhoNettie

iOS 7 has a new capability that allows app updates to occur automatically in the background. I think what you're seeing is related - a history is kept so you can see which apps have been recently updated without your specific action.

My guess is these apps will remain there for some reasonably short period of time - but I don't know as iOS 7 has only been available for three days.

You will know which apps need updating because they will not say "Open". If they say "Open", they have already been updated.

Sep 21, 2013 3:06 PM in response to iPhoNettie

You will probably also notice that there is a date heading, then the name of the Apps. This is because you can now set Apps to update automatically, so the updates screen also becomes a history screen to show what apps have updated and when, and for you to see what was new for that update.

In other words, this is by design, and cannot be changed. Whether or not the "history" here will expire after a certain time, or change for the same app when a new update for that app becomes available remains to be seen at this time.

Regards,

Steve

App updates...after iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.