Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro fuzzy text on Asus 27" MX279H

Hi i recently brought a monitor Asus 27" MX279 so i can connect two screen using the HDMI cable while working does anyone know why im still getting blurry text i have setup the right resolution but still getting funny text watching movies is clear tho ???

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 3:16 PM

9 replies

Dec 2, 2016 9:20 AM in response to RicoSky

Hello, I am posting this as a possible solution to anyone who has purchased the MX27AQ monitor from ASUS and is experiencing a fuzzy font that just 'doesn't seem right'.

In the display Menu try doing the following (This is by using the display buttons, nothing to do with macOS settings):

Menu/Image/VividPixel/*change this value to "0'*. This should remove the fuzziness.

This is a great feature for watching movies etc, to get truer blacks I think, but it is absolutely horrible when using your MBP/iMac (and so on) on a daily basis.

This worked for me after I spent 2h searching for a solution. Did a lot of unnecessary things 🙂

Hope this helps guys!

Nov 16, 2013 11:24 PM in response to Snippy Squirrel

I had this blurry text problem for months, and tonight I solved it by setting it to the sRGB mode. Bammo, just like that, the problem is solved.

Just do a search for Asus MX279 manual and the instructions are there:

Press this hotkey (the one that says S/A to the left of the volume button) to switch from six video preset modes (Scenery Mode, Standard Mode, Theater Mode, Game Mode, Night View Mode, and sRGB) with SPLENDID Video Intelligence Technology.

Good luck.

Nov 22, 2016 3:21 AM in response to ranau

I just bought newest Asus MX27AQ, connected it to my MacBook Pro mid 2015 (running macOS Sierra) and... the result it awful! Fonts are fuzzy, colors are strange. Changing the color schema didn't help. Tried to attach via Display Port and HDMI - the same result. Called Apple support and they were not able to help. Sorry Asus but I have to return the stuff to the shop. Will try other manufacturers.

Macbook pro fuzzy text on Asus 27" MX279H

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.