Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i allow an app to usethe microphone feature after initially choosing no?

I accidentally chose "do not allow" when one of my apps asked to allow the microphone. How do i change this? I've looked through everything on my ipad settings and can't seem to figure out how to correct this.

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2014 3:02 PM

I am trying to allow an app to use the microphone, but it doesn't ask me to 'allow it' when I initially download the app... I went to settings>privacy>microphone and there aren't any apps in the box... I uninstalled the app, and re downloaded it, but same issue... I have an iPhone 4S on Boost running latest iOS 7 up to date software.

how do I ADD apps to this box so they can use the microphone?!! thanks

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2014 3:02 PM in response to Cml912

I am trying to allow an app to use the microphone, but it doesn't ask me to 'allow it' when I initially download the app... I went to settings>privacy>microphone and there aren't any apps in the box... I uninstalled the app, and re downloaded it, but same issue... I have an iPhone 4S on Boost running latest iOS 7 up to date software.

how do I ADD apps to this box so they can use the microphone?!! thanks

May 3, 2014 4:59 PM in response to lostoam311

Did you get to the page where it asks for your mic ? If so and you still don't get the microphone request there may be a solution. I denied access, the app returned me to the home page and ask me to turn on bluetooth as a locator beacon. See if that works. Also don't worry about naming an app here. There are rules against advertising but asking how an app works is OK.

How do i allow an app to usethe microphone feature after initially choosing no?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.