Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Devices?

Hello,

I was just wondering with the apple TV it mentions that you can have up to 5 devices connected. I am wondering I have turned on my home sharing with a particular TV, now what if I get a new TV will I am able to just turn off the previously TV and turn on home sharing with the new TV and this still counts as one device switched one. Or would I have to keep the first TV for life as I have installed it with the apple TV. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 3:39 PM

5 replies

Sep 23, 2013 2:51 AM in response to Madams17

• No they aren't for life.
  • Only computers are considered as computers.
  • Computers, iPhones, iPods and iPads are considered associated devices.
  • Associated devices are managed from your iTunes account settings on your computer.
  • Authorised computers can be de-authorised from the computer that is authorised.

You can't de-authorise just the computers you no longer have access to.

Your only option is to de-authorise all your computers and then re-authorise those you wish to be authorised. You can do this by logging into your account settings in iTunes on your computer (Store > View My ID) and selecting the option to de-authorise all.

Please note however, you are only permitted to do this once in each 12 month period, therefore you would be better de-authorising your computers before you lose access to them. you can do this from the 'Store' menu in iTunes.

Multiple Devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.