Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple internal HDDs failing on same MacBook

MacBook Model A1342 White Unibody ( MC207LL/A I think ) running Snow Leopard (cannot be upgraded due to some app dependencies). Originally had some errors on the OEM internal 120GB HDD that Disk Utility said could not be fixed. Backed everything up (CCC) and migrated to a (used) 250GB HDD. After getting everything setup and running I ran Disk Utility and got the same issue (which was not seen while this HDD was on USB external). Reformatted and restored from backup again to the 250GB and still facing the same problem. Next tried a near-new 750GB Toshiba drive (had been working flawlessly in my MBP). Restored backup and after getting everything setup and running, I ran Disk Utility and AGAIN got the same error from Disk Utility that the drive could not be repaired.

What the heck could be going on. There are no other obvious or apparently issues with this MacBook which has genrally been moderatly handled and has to other know HW failures. Could the SATA controller or cable be bad somehow? (seems unlikely there would be some partial failure of those). Any chance there is a bug in some versions of DU that is mis-reporting the issue?

Can anyone recommend even where to go for the next steps.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), MacBook A1342 Unibody MC207LL/A

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 3:41 PM

There are no replies.

Multiple internal HDDs failing on same MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.