Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod will not sync with itunes

iPod 160gb classic will not sync with itunes.

iPod classic, 160GB

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 4:20 PM

11 replies

Sep 7, 2015 4:23 PM in response to edwardo5

iPod 160gb classic will not sync with itunes.

iPod classic, 160GB

I think that Apple just doesn't care

Apple does care. I have the latest Mac OS and the latest software on my 160GB iPod classic it synchronizes perfectly.

Bear in mind, millions of people use iPod classic's and they are not going away as there is no alternative.

Suggest you visit an Apple store for a fix. Also, use the links below to describe any bugs you are encountering. Be nice.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipod.html

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html

Jan 29, 2016 8:49 AM in response to debbielloyd61

Seems impossible to get an answer. I have so many isues now, but the bottom line is I have a very expensive paperweight that I was only using for music. Over 7000 songs. Whenever I plug it into my computer it tells me there is an error with the drive so I repair it. Then most times it tells me I need to restore my iPod, and I do. Then if I try to sync my entire library it fails and says it can't sync due to a number of reasons usually saying because there is a duplicate drive. So I started manually moving music to the iPod, album by album. Somewhere along the line that process fails with various messages usually the duplicate drive or can't find the library or some nonsense. Maybe some day I'll come to this site while I'm doing it and provide all the actual errors, but not likely as I expect nothing from this overpriced POS company that denegrates the word "genius". I've googled solutions and none of them work and there is no solution here on theor own site (big surprise). One time I got about 1000 songs on and lived with that for a while. But I couldn't give up as I'm missing most of my library. So I continually try to add manually and somewhere along the line the process dies and now it wipes out all the music on my iPod. I should have stuck with the 1000 songs, but I was getting tired of that I commute 3 hours a day and need variety of music. Plus while moving albums at a time, if one song fails, it seems to stop the rest of whatever is in that sync. So let's say I move a bunch of albums and it shows that it is synching 19 out of 250 songs. If that song fails, the rest ot the 250 drop. To do one album at a time and wait for it to finish would take me days.

ipod will not sync with itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.