Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 Upgrade Experience

I was unable to pre-order the 5s via my local AT&T store. They told me to come back the day it was released and just get in line and wait.

Friday I went to Apple.com to see if I could buy the phone online, but that ordering wasn't available so, I book a genius bar appointment.

I arrived ealy at the Apple Store for my Genius Bar appointment. I have upgraded 3 other iPhones for my wife and kids via Genius Bar before, but was not able to upgrade my phone during the appointment. I did not feel like a Genius when I walked away.

I was told to leave the store and stand in the line outside and wait. So, I walked outside and waited in line, but then I was told I was in the wrong line. I was in the short line. So I went to the long line and waited, until another Apple Store person gleefully asked me what I was waiting for and I said,

"iPhone 5s, 64, Gold" and the Apple Store person said, "Sorry, we don't have any of those, but you can order it online."

I drove home. Disappointed and without a new phone. No new user experience. No 64 Bit Chip. Nay, not for me...

I went home and grabed my OLD 3GS and had my local AT&T Store Transfer my number from my old, broken, unbootable and unusable, glass-cracked iphone 4.

I would have bought the 5s at the AT&T Store, but they didn't have ANY iphone 5s FOR SALE either.

I began to wonder if Apple really wanted me to have a new 5s or if they just wanted to sell me a 5c or worse.

Who was the Genius that announced the 5s was available FOR SALE when no one has any 5s phones to sell.

I was ready to spend $650 on a new 5s, but after waiting in person at two different stores and wasting at least 3 hours I was still unable to BUY A REPLACEMENT 5s iphone, so I decided to forgo the UPGRADE EXPERIENCE.

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 4:46 PM

2 replies

iPhone 5 Upgrade Experience

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.