Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to stop iCloud from showing TV shows on my iPad

I downloaded some TV shows from iTunes. I watched them. Now I want to delete them. They will not delete. I have tried to delete directly from the iPad, and now it is saying the TV Shows are stored in iCloud. I went to iTunes and I chose to "Hide" these TV Shows,.....they still show up on my iPad. I have gone to my iTunes library on my PC and deleted the shows, the folders, etc. They still show up on my iPad. *argh*

How can I delete these TV shows that I have watched and that I no longer want to see? I would like to delete them from iCloud, from iTunes and from my iPad.... I want to delete them completely and in every possible stored location. I want them to never appear ever again. I am looking for a complete deletion.

Just trying to be clear. All of the postings that I have read so far are suggesting that folks hide the TV shows. (I have tried that, yet they still exist/display)

I am looking for a clear way to delete them completely.

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 4:22 PM

iOS 7 fixes this. If you have iOS 7 installed, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings. Scroll all the way down to Videos. Set Show All Videos switch to Off. Settings>Videos>Show All Videos

6 replies

Sep 23, 2013 9:23 AM in response to lmwirshba

Thanks lmwirshba! That was a help, for sure. Is there anyway to delete these video in there entirety, or are we just left with the ability to hide them so that they no longer show?

I get that if you hide them, they wil no longer appear on the iPad and therefore not take up any valuable storage space. But if they are stored in iCloud, doesn't that increase the need for storage in iCLoud?

Dec 6, 2013 11:55 AM in response to lmwirshba

This was a big help for me too... however I'm still hoping for some kind of middle ground.

On my iPhone, I'd still like to see what I have purchased, but not what I have purchased and subsequently deleted. This all or nothing solution is very limiting and creates so much clutter of videos I have absolutely zero interest in ever watching again.

Thanks!

Dec 17, 2013 8:15 AM in response to smstanton2004

This does not work for me. It only hides the videos in the cloud I have not on my ipad air. The videos I already downloaded are still there, taking space. When I look at the TV shows in the itunes interface it does not even show that they are on my iPad. I tried adding them, syncing. Then it shows two copies (both run) of said videos. I delete the video and only the one added from itunes is deleted. The copy I downloaded and watched from iCloud is still there and not removable or deletable. I did not have this problem in iOS6. I could manually delete videos no mater what way I put them on the iPad within the itunes interface. This is a new iPad air that I setup as new, using the iCloud to populate the apps and settings, and then I added some stuff manually from cloud. It seems to be alot diffreent in how it operates though and I had this with my old ipad3 and iOS7 as well. Hiding the videos does not remove them...what do I do now?

Since it is a fresh, new ipad setup that took quite some time to get passwords and such setup or from cloud settings I hate to reset and start over, that is a pain.

how to stop iCloud from showing TV shows on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.