Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reminders App not working on iPhone 4s

The "Reminders App" does not work on iPhone 4s, even after installing OS7!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 7:56 PM

11 replies

Oct 5, 2013 8:52 AM in response to rascal444s

I've noticed that the geofencing doesn't work when you close the Reminders App. Say you create a reminder of when you leave home to call work. But then you close the app, well now it won't remind you at all. Unlike before in iOS6 it would work still when you closed the app then.

However, if you set a timed reminder. It'll still remind you at the specific time that you set.

KOT

Oct 6, 2013 6:37 AM in response to rascal444s

Sorry, I obviously wasn't clear--this was my first community post. On my iphone 5, I scroll to the white area BELOW my last reminder, tap there, and a new reminder pops open. It works fine, including adding a date, but I haven't used location reminders. If you have lots of not-completed reminders, you do have to scroll all the way to the bottom and tap down there--not in an existing reminder. (If many of your reminders are completed, HIDE them to make the list shorter!) I assume Apple is going to put the the plus sign back. This is a work around until then.

Nov 13, 2013 3:50 PM in response to rascal444s

I am very upset that reminders is no longer reminding me to do things! This seems to have happened with new ios! I went to Apple Store today and you would have thought I was the crazy one! Apple please fix this ASAP. This is such a great feature. I am constantly asking to be reminded to do something when I get home and Siri is no longer following my command!

Feb 3, 2015 8:30 AM in response to rascal444s

I had the same behavior as described. iPhone 4S, reminders worked fine for 2 years, then just quit. still worked on my iPad. Whenever I loaded Reminders, it looked like it just froze with a mostly blank screen that says NOTES, and a PLUS sign that didn't do anything.

Solution: I went to my iCloud settings and discovered that Reminders was turned off. I re-enabled Reminders in the iCloud setting, and Reminders immediately began working again as it always has before. Hope this helps!

Reminders App not working on iPhone 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.