Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally updated my iPhone 4s to iOS7 from 6.1.2

I didn't know you needed a sim card to get through the iOS7 activation menu. Sadly I don't have a sim card suitable for my iPhone because it's locked to a kind of sim card not available in my country. Please help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 8:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 8:44 PM

You will have to call AppleCare, give them the model and serial number of the iPhone and find out who the iPhone is locked with (unless you already know that). Then contact that cell provider and see what their unlock policy is and if you qualify.

If you do not qualify you will need to either sell the iPhone and get some money from it or wait until (or if) someone comes up with a hack that will unlock it. It could be a while.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2013 8:44 PM in response to utogbilat

You will have to call AppleCare, give them the model and serial number of the iPhone and find out who the iPhone is locked with (unless you already know that). Then contact that cell provider and see what their unlock policy is and if you qualify.

If you do not qualify you will need to either sell the iPhone and get some money from it or wait until (or if) someone comes up with a hack that will unlock it. It could be a while.

I accidentally updated my iPhone 4s to iOS7 from 6.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.