Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

upgraded to iOs7 and lost left earphone speaker sound, also, there is no way to turn off background apps now

Upgraded to iOs7 on my iPhone 4 and totally lost my left speaker sound - it was working fine before the upgrade, and I have checked the phone settings to make sure that the sound is not on MONO (it isn't!).

Another issue I am having is that there is apparently now NO WAY to turn the background apps off on the phone.

Please help!!

iPhone 4, iOS 7, Lost left speaker sound after upgra

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 8:26 PM

11 replies

Sep 21, 2013 9:18 PM in response to SudsHill

Hi. Yes, I figured out the Apps issue - however, I still have no Audio out of my left earphone. By the way, earphones work fine otherwise, and the iPhone stereo audio also worked just fine (never an issue with it, for over two years now!) only a few hours ago - BEFORE I downloaded and installed the iOs7 software update!

I have already done a software reset on the iPhone, and am now in the process of doing a cable-connected sync session with my Laptop - which I haven't done in ages. I just hope that something works soon here, as I don't know how long I can go without my music and podcasts!

Thank you for the reply!

Sep 21, 2013 10:33 PM in response to BetseyD

O.K.

Tried a hard reset on the phone, tried syncing with iTunes on laptop, and tried software resetting the stupid thing. The left earpiece just DOES NOT WORK! The earphones work fine, otherwise, on anything else.

This is definately an iOs7 glitch as the stupid phone was working just fine up until a few hours ago - BEFORE the stupid update!

No music - no podcasts. It's going to be great trying to get to sleep tonight!

Sep 22, 2013 7:47 PM in response to filippesk

Hey - thanks for the assist, however, that was one of the first things I thought of doing - and No Go. I have tried everything, to no avail.

Interestingly enough, I paired a set of Bluetooth Headphones with my stupid iPhone and - VIOLA - working perfectly! It seems to just be the wired headphones (which work fine when used with everything else) that have lost the left speaker sound - AND this was only AFTER I updated to iOs7, they worked beautifully just before that update, never a lick of trouble!

Sep 28, 2013 5:21 PM in response to BetseyD

I recently upgraded to iOS7 on my iphone 5 and since that time, the left speaker system is muted on the left side to include the headphone plug in port, the actual speakers and blue tooth to my car audio. II did a factory reset and even have replaced my phone (as it was under warranty) with the same issue. My previous phone worked perfectly with iOS5 with both speakers having equal sound, but since the upgrade, the left side is markedly muted to no sound...thus a similar problem as yours, but blue tooth has a muted left system as well....to include the brand new phone i received today

Nov 5, 2013 2:16 PM in response to BetseyD

Same here on my iPhone 4S after upgrading to iOS 7. It's funny (not) cuz I have the same issue now on my MacBook Pro after going through an upgrade. Can't remember what it was. For a while I thought it was the ear phones but when I found that all earphones are behaving the same way I knew it was a software problem.

Thumbs Down Apple 😟

upgraded to iOs7 and lost left earphone speaker sound, also, there is no way to turn off background apps now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.