Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it normal when the imac is tiling pictures and it comes accross a large one to stratch it by making stripes to fit the screen?

I have some screen grabs that I'm using for my desktop. Som are small but some are almost as big as the screen. When I set it to tile the images, when it gets to one that is a larger size it turns the outside parts of the image to stripes. Not only that but if you move a page around on the screen it makes more lines, almost like it's pushing them around.

The reason I'm concerned is my computer is only a year old and a few months ago it crashed while streaming video, the whole screen went to vertical stripes and I heard a clicking noise. It wouldn't respond to any keyboard reboot, I had to hit the power button to turn it off and I heard a loud pop. When it booted again I ran disk utility and it didn't find anything serious. It hasn't happened since except for this desktop stripe thing that is happening. I remember my powermac years ago would tile the image around the large image, it would not stretch it to stripes. Anyone have any ideas if this is normal?

iMac

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 9:17 PM

2 replies

Is it normal when the imac is tiling pictures and it comes accross a large one to stratch it by making stripes to fit the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.