Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable iTunes Radio IOS7 ?

Hi,

I just updated to IOS7 and it seems you cannot disable or restrict iTunes Radio? Does anyone know if this can be done or am I stuck with it?

Thank you for your help.

Martin.

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 9:21 PM

35 replies

Sep 23, 2013 12:37 PM in response to mpaul73

I am in the same boat. I want to turn it off as well. To answer the question "why are you trying to restrict yourself from using it?" the answer, for me at least, is that it automatically always kicks to that and stops any Playlist I already had going. So I then have to stop the garbage it's playing and go back to find the right playlist I was on and start over. This is especially annoying as I can get back to my play list, begin listening, get into my car and start it..it then auto-connects to my radio and reverts back to the Itunes Radio. I want to disable this so it will leave my play lists alone and let me listen to the music I want to listen to, not what it believes I want (and so far it hasn't played a single song I like on the radio). Because of this, it's not really a valid statement to say "You don't have to use it if you don't want to" either though since it forces me to via auto-connects.

If there is a way to disable this, I'd love to know it also.

Sep 25, 2013 2:27 PM in response to mpaul73

I would also like to disable the radio feature.....and get rid of the radio tab in my Music app....it's not a feature I'd ever use and I'd rather use that space in the bottom of the app for a different tab that I WOULD use, like Genres or Audiobooks....

At the very least, if Apple won't let us disable the feature entirely, they should let us move that tab out of the way via the Edit function....as it is, all we can do is edit the order of what shows up in 'More'....

Sep 25, 2013 2:34 PM in response to TrishaM

You can always move it to the More Tab and replace it with one of the other options.

Tap More, tap Edit, drag the icon in the group of highlighted icons (red on my phone) that you want to replace Radio with down to the navigation bar and drop it on top of the Radio icon. The icons on the nav bar are greyd out in the listing at the top of the page. Once you have the icons you want on the navigation bar you can re-order them however you want. When you are done. tap Done and you won't see the Radio icon unless you tap More on the nav bar.

Sep 25, 2013 2:49 PM in response to Thom_D

Thom_D wrote:

You can always move it to the More Tab and replace it with one of the other options.

Tap More, tap Edit, drag the icon in the group of highlighted icons (red on my phone) that you want to replace Radio with down to the navigation bar and drop it on top of the Radio icon. The icons on the nav bar are greyd out in the listing at the top of the page. Once you have the icons you want on the navigation bar you can re-order them however you want. When you are done. tap Done and you won't see the Radio icon unless you tap More on the nav bar.

Thank you!! I was using the Edit feature but trying to move the Radio icon off the bar, rather than trying to drop another icon on top of it....your solution worked for what I needed..... I'm a happy camper now! 🙂

Oct 15, 2013 10:56 AM in response to mpaul73

I am in the same boat but I'm not specific to the iPhone more ios7 based. I wish to remove iTunes Radio all together. More for parental control reasons. I have a 4 and 6 yr old that don't need to hear all the crappy music in this world. They can currently access any music on iTunes Radio. The only parental setting I have found is to control explicit or not. Apple needs to make it an option to remove the iTunes Radio so I can go back to manually putting music I want my kids to hear on the apple product. If anyone knows a way to remove iTunes Radio, I would love to hear it, thanks

Oct 15, 2013 11:04 AM in response to maxtima4

Use the feedback link that was given above to tell Apple you would like to be able to Restrict it (it is part of the Music app, you can't remove it).

In the meantime have you Restricted the ability of them to add apps to the device? If not they can install Pandora or Spotify and listen to all kinds of music. And I understand your concern, I wouldn't want them listening to that Jars of Clay or Taylor Swift schlock either.

Disable iTunes Radio IOS7 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.