Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't know the restrictions code. Tried to erase all content but prompts for same code. Tried to restore from itunes but can't because find my iphone is enabled and can only turn it off with restrictions code. Help!

I am having real problems. After installing IOS7 I discovered my locations services was now turned off. When I went to turn it on it asked for a restrictions passcode. I swear I have never used this. Three tries and no luck - am afraid to try more. I try to Erase all content and settings - no luck, it asks for the same restrictions code.

Then I try to restore from iTunes. I tells me I need to turn off Find My iPhone. I can't do this without the restrictions code!

Wow. What do I do?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 21, 2013 10:12 PM

1 reply

Feb 21, 2014 7:07 AM in response to joel1969

same problem with mine,im an adult and have never turned on a restriction,im a little burnt so i have always and very carefully used the same 4 didget pass code always. and to accidently set a pass code of 4 dgits without being aware is simply not believable. Not only do i want to have control of a device i paid good money to own and operate to its full potential. most of all i want to know how these and just the restrictions passcode and reset abilities alone have caused me to have second thoughts about a company a prefered who offered a device i once concidered supirior to all hand held mobil devices, ready to get my nano and laptop and drop the touch

I don't know the restrictions code. Tried to erase all content but prompts for same code. Tried to restore from itunes but can't because find my iphone is enabled and can only turn it off with restrictions code. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.