Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Amazon, Netflix & others will not stay login after iOS 7 upgrade.

Under iOS 6, sites remained login even quitting after each session.

Now UserIDs & PWs must be re-enter for each session.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 7, Retina screen with 64-GB

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:01 AM

8 replies

Sep 22, 2013 12:02 AM in response to mouseeneer

Try a Restart.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Resetting your settings

You can also try resetting all settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. You will have to enter all of your device settings again.... All of the settings in the settings app will have to be re-entered. You won't lose any data, but it takes time to enter all of the settings again.

Resetting your device

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends this only if you are unable to restart it.

Or if this doesn't work and nobody else on the blog doesn't have a better idea you can contact Apple.

Here is a link to their contacts with most of the information below.

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Sep 23, 2013 1:41 AM in response to Gus2259

The same problem reported on another discussion:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5335821?answerId=23118451022#23118451022

(iPad won't remember usernames and passwords after iOS 7 upgrade?)

After resetting and rebooting, my original problem is still not fixed.

One thing I learned so far about this fiasco is that my problem is limited to the Safari only. The Safari will not remember usernames and passwords and requiring re-entering both the username and passwords ever since after the iOS 7 upgrade.

I tried the individual apps for Amazon, Netflix and others, they still remember all the sign-in information without re-entering usernames and passwords again after the iOS 7 upgrade.

I also tried to use the Chrome after the iOS 7 upgrade, it also has no problem with the log-in problem.

Conclusion: Safari will not remember usernames and passwords after the iOS 7 upgrade.

Solution: ???

Sep 24, 2013 12:36 AM in response to Gus2259

Good news...Looks like the login problem in Safari is finally fixed. May be by Apple???

Just login to Amazon, Netflix and other sites in Safari. For each site after I entered the username and password, then after I pressed the "Log In" button, a pop-up message box appears:

Save This Password?

You can view and remove saved

passwords in the Passwords &

AutoFill section of Safari settings

Save Password

Never for This Website

Not Now

This pop-up message is new after the iOS 7 upgrade that just started to appearing in the last few hours.

Sep 29, 2013 2:03 AM in response to Ckmclen

As I indicated before, this problem is for Safari only. Chrome and individual apps (e.g. Amazon, Netflix and others) are working fine in remembering usernames and passwords. Until the problem is fixed, I recommend you to use the Chrome for the time being if you don't want to keep entering usernames and passwords every time.

Apparently, Apple didn't fix my original problem. However, somehow a pop-up message box appeared on September 24 that magically solved my problem.

Try the following:

Safari> press the "Clear History" and press "Clear Cookies and Data"

Safari>Passwords & AutoFills>Names and Passwords (Do this: turn it on)

Safari>Passwords & AutoFills>Saved Passwords (Check this: this should be empty)

Power down and turn off the iPad.

Power up the iPad

1. Open the Safari, go to one of your sites, enter username and password, press the "LogIn" button. (The pop-up

message box should appear immediately.)

If you don't get the pop-up message box, close the Safari and try Step 1 again. Again. Again. (For a few times.)

------------

That's what I did a few days ago when the pop-up message box appeared suddenly.

When Safari started remembering usernames and passwords, I went back to check the setting in Safari:

Safari>Passwords & AutoFills>Saved Passwords (Check this: this time it was populated with site addresses and usernames)

Amazon, Netflix & others will not stay login after iOS 7 upgrade.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.