Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dissapointed with ios7

I would like to change the colour of the background in Safari back to the unobtrusive grey in iOS6. How do I do that?

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:14 AM

13 replies

Sep 25, 2013 12:21 PM in response to Susan6660

Yes that search is called spotlight search and it is no longer in that location anymore.

Spotlight search has been moved as a pull down action on your screen. Place your finger in the middle of the screen and pull down and you will see the seatch bar appear at the top of the screen. If you get notification center (screen with three tabs at the top) you started to high on your screen.

Hope this helps

-Steven

Sep 25, 2013 1:42 PM in response to Diavonex

Now after a few days of using iOS7 I would still prefer the sombre grey of iOS6 rather than the washed out white background and insipid grey font of '7'.

It appears the ipad2 that I have suffers from a porcity of pixels and the iOS7 on the retina display models is fine. Correct me if i'm wrong on that score.

I do believe it is possible to revert to iOS6 but I don't want to do that. I do wish the software boffins at Apple when they update iOS7 add a choice of colours to the background palettes and different weight to the icons for all users not just us lo-res bods.

Nov 25, 2013 1:21 AM in response to StevenBulifant

Ios7 just appears horribly 'washed out'. I cannot believe that Apple are going to just leave it this way. They would lose business if they did. I have just spoken with tech support and you are correct when you say there is no way back to ios6. I think if enough people complain they will at least have to add some colour or make it customisable somehow. Even Microsoft accepted that fact in Windows development. Whilst Apple do seem to believe they are always right and the customer can just accept that as a fact, I also believe that they recognise there's more choice in the tablet market now. If they ignore the complaints they will see market share fall, especially with their price point being so high compared to others.

Dissapointed with ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.