Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screensaver crashes with large photostreams

After updating my Apple TV 2 to the new version yesterday, my screensaver has stopped working. I'm using a shared photostream with 900+ high resolution jpeg images as my images as the source of my screensaver (Ken Burns style). There might be a mp4 video or two in the playlist now, too.

When the screensaver launches, a black screen is shown for a while (perhaps a minute?) after which, the Apple TV's LED will start blinking and after perhaps 10-20 seconds, I will be returned to the Apple TV home screen. If I've had anything playing over AirPlay, the playback stops at the moment Apple TV attempts to start the screensaver.

This has worked flawlessly prior to the update, so something in it must have caused it.

Anyone have a solution how to fix it? I'd not be willing to reduce the amount of photos in the photostream or the resolution of them as the whole point of using the photostream as a screensaver is to a) have all my favorite photos showing randomly without too much repetition and b) seeing all the details in the high-res photos.

AppleTV 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:31 AM

There are no replies.

Screensaver crashes with large photostreams

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.