Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't pay for anything using my credit card on my iPad because the MasterCard secure code box won't load!

Anyone else experiencing problems making payments online? I have tried multiple cards via the websites directly and through paypal and every time the MasterCard SecureCode box tries to loads, fails and then sends me back to the order page. The same happens with paypal! Any ideas how to fix this? My ipad is pretty pointless if I can't use it for online shopping.....

I have also tried my visa debit card and I encounter the same problem.......

Any help with this would be greatly received!

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:53 AM

6 replies

Sep 22, 2013 1:07 AM in response to AnaMusic

Hi AnaMusic, thanks for the quick response however this is not a problem with buying things through the iTunes Store. This is shopping online through safari on websites such as New Look, Dominos etc.

So just to confirm this is not an issue with iTunes or the App Store this is solely a problem with online shopping.

May 8, 2014 4:41 PM in response to Katie_a

Due to a dispute between apple and MasterCard the securecode verification is not compatible on safari- when the securecode tries to load the screen will just be blank and the payment will fail. Fortunately there is a way around this: download the google chrome browser from the AppStore. Use this app whenever you want to make purchases online and the securecode will work for you :)

I can't pay for anything using my credit card on my iPad because the MasterCard secure code box won't load!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.