Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new Airport Express suddenly stopped working after 2 weeks. done everything i can find, including a factory reset... Amber light just blinks. have checked all connections and reset everything - still no dice. was working fine last night. any help???

Around 2.5 weeks ago i purchased a new Airport Express from Best Buy. i set it up and eveything was great! went on a brief visit to the folks out-of-state and brought it with me... set it up again and worked great again 🙂 brought it home yesterday and set it back up... worked fine, until today! has not worked once alllllllllll day!

checked and RE-checked every single item related to it... power, cords, router, etc. = nothing

unplugged and replugged evey line and cable separtely and together. = nothing

soft reset (5x) = nothing.

factory reset (2x) = nothing.

reverted to previous firmware = nothing.

note: it is setup in exactly the same spot in my house as it was before. same outlet, same cat cable, heck even same spot on the table and same angle of display!

here are the interesting parts:

last night i decided to modify the setup and hide the network.. worked fine afterwards. that is the only thing i have done different compared to when i first got it and now when i re-set it up after returning from my trip... interesting. i would say it "somewhow" got damaged on the trip but it worked fine when i was there and also worked fine yesterday when i brought it home and had worked all day and up until this morning.

also updated the firmware.

after the first factory reset, it actually broadcast better than 2 weeks ago... until about an hour passed by. then CAPOOT! stopped. after this first reset, i have not been able to get it back at all, even after another reset. the amber light just keeps blinking at me with unhappiness as i glare back in disgust.

ANY IDEAS FAMILY???

Airport Express 2nd Gen-OTHER, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:36 AM

1 reply

Apr 1, 2015 6:28 PM in response to ExodusCry

I am having a similar issue. However I've had my airport express for over 3 years. Yesterday we had to reset the router as it wasn't broadcasting.

Today having same issue so we reset the router again. And now still blinking amber. When I go to the Airport Utility I can't even go to the Manual Setup as I'm getting the Error 4. Internet works fine as the router and modem are hooked up to my computer via Ethernet cable.

I did a factory reset and the AE is broadcasting again. but I can't get in to protect the network. And it's still blinking amber.

Any thoughts would be great.

new Airport Express suddenly stopped working after 2 weeks. done everything i can find, including a factory reset... Amber light just blinks. have checked all connections and reset everything - still no dice. was working fine last night. any help???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.