Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone photos not showing up on iphoto

Hello,

Camera roll is about 4.4GB, and I want to save my pics to the mac pro.

Problem:

First, I connect usb to mac book pro and :

1. Iphoto shows iphone 5 yet displays 'loading' message. No photos are uploaded.

2. Image capture also shows iphone 5, yet no files are displayed.

Second, icloud seems to have uploaded some of the recent pictures so I have them saved. Yet the old ones are still in my iphone.

Does anyone have similar issues? would appreciate some input.

Thank you,

Will

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 3:17 AM

15 replies

Jan 20, 2014 3:17 AM in response to username11111

Not sure if this will help any of you, but it worked for me. I was having the same problem. However, I had recently moved all of my stuff to a new Mac. My phone was showing up in iPhoto, but no pictures. I tried opening in image capture and there were still no pictures. I opened it with iTunes and there was a pop-up asking if I wanted to trust this computer with accessing my phone/photos. There was then a push notifucation on my phone where I had to select trust. I did that, switched back over to iPhoto and all my pictures were there. I hope one of you will be able to do the same. Good luck.

Feb 21, 2014 2:56 PM in response to username11111

I have the same problem, and telling the iPhone to trust the computer doesn't help.

Previously I have moved photos individually by attaching them to an email on my iPhone, saving the email to Drafts and then saving the image from the email on another computer, but I now have 4 GB of photos I need to import to my computer for a film class project.

iPhone 4, iO; 7.0.3

MacBook Air; OSX 10.8.5

Sep 23, 2014 3:36 PM in response to username11111

This quick-fix worked for me (iPhone 5 version 7.1.1) after similarly choosing "Trust" but not getting any response and after attempting the iTunes fix mentioned above with no success:

I simply went to Settings / General and switched the Auto-Lock function to "Never". The images instantly appeared in iPhoto. I imported and when done with the transfer restored Auto-Lock to the usual 1-minute interval.

Not ideal – entering the passcode and selecting "trust" should function as intended, but as a quick fix maybe it will work for you, too.

Oct 3, 2015 10:53 AM in response to Bloredo

Yes turning off the restrictions did the trick. I have an itouch 4 with ios 6.1.6 and I turned off all the restrictions and autolock the restarted the ipod and I am able to access the old pics i had on there. I get that apple wants to protect us and secure our privacy but sometimes the steps you have to go through to access your data on devices is crazy.

Jan 3, 2016 6:40 AM in response to username11111

Appreciate this post is over 3 years old now, but anybody who has this problem to date may appreciate another solution which fixed it for me as non of the above did. If you use any other photo storage device on your computer, in my case it was DropBox, this was conflicting with iPhoto, as soon as I deleted dropbox the photos showed up on iPhoto straight away.

May 9, 2016 5:12 PM in response to poetsofthefall

Not sure how to delete Dropbox from just one computer. My situation is that in the iPhoto on the desktop i see 23 pictures from my connected iPhone 6s, but the iPhone itself has several hundred photos, movies, panoramas, etc that don't show in iPhoto. So i can't even copy the photos to my computer since only a small few of them show up. Any ideas? Maybe if i could delete the Dropbox it would help, but how to do that on just one computer?

iphone photos not showing up on iphoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.