Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ringtones question

Hello,

I have been an Android user forever...I am switching over to an iphone and am trying to figure out some things. (I have an ipad so am familiar with IOS7).

On my Android I have different ringtones for different people (my own ringtones - not stock ones). On android I can just select any song that is on my phone and "set as" a ringtone for a contact - and/or use a ringtone maker app, create the ringtone and from there "set as" a ringtone for a contact. How do I do this with iphone? Is there a SIMPLE way - meaning without connecting my phone to my computer and doing it through itunes?

Also - if I connect my ipad to itunes - can i also connect my phone to the same account?

Thank you

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 5:04 AM

3 replies

Dec 26, 2015 6:14 AM in response to SewUnusuals

The only app I've found for the iphone so tobget ringtones without hooking the phone to the computer is an app called "garage band". U have to pay for it. What the app does is allow u to record songs u hear from the radio, a cd, etc and use them as a ringtone. I haven't found any other way yet. Fairly new to the apple products.

ringtones question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.