Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony Personal Audio Docking System - iOS7

Upgraded to iOS7 & now the Sony Personal Audio Docking System (portable radio / iPod / iPhone player) no longer functions. I can place the iPhone (4S) into the dock and it charges but the Sony will no longer control the iPhone. Doesn't matter if it's through the device or the remote control. I've been through all the settings on the iPhone but can't find anything that would prevent this. The 4S with iOS6 is fine however.

Suggestions welcome.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7, iPhone 4S, iOS7, Dock

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 4:44 AM

3 replies

Sep 26, 2013 7:30 AM in response to Rockstarcf

This would seem to mimic the problems I related in my post from two days ago-

After updating to iOS7 I find that my iPhone 5 has connection issues with the audio system in my 2013 Mercedes ML350. When first plugged in the phone switches the audio system to the iPhone input and begins to play iTunes which it always did, however it resets the connection every ten seconds or so making the interface unusable. It also takes over the audio system so that when I switch to radio for example, which with iOS6 put the iTunes player in pause and switched to the radio, now the radio will play for a few seconds and then when the phone connection resets the phone takes control away from the radio.

Not sure if this is an iOS7 bug or if something in setup needs to be different. It is very annoying however and because the phone takes control I can no longer charge it in the car.

Basic phone functions all work through bluetooth and are fine.

Sony Personal Audio Docking System - iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.