Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HDR mode iOS7 on 4S

Taking photos with HDR seem to be fine but when viewing them they are just black screens. The thumbnail preview is there, but the actual photo won't show on the phone. This is after installing iOS7. It's also terribly slow in camera mode now. Taking photos with the flash on seems to be fine, it's just the HDR mode that seems to be affected.

iPhone 4S, iOS7

Any thoughts?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7, iPhone 4S, iOS7, Dock

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 4:47 AM

6 replies

Oct 1, 2013 2:06 PM in response to Rockstarcf

I have the same problem on a Verizon 64GB iPhone 4S, only after upgrading to iOS 7. I can sometimes get it to take one phone in HDR, but all subsequent photos end up as Rockstarcf described - they seem to have a thumbnail, but when opened to view, they're just black. They're black when viewed in photostream and they're black if sent as iMessages (even the thumbnails there are black, unlike in the main Photos app). The Camera app tends to crash repeatedly afterwards when trying to take photos.

Extremely frustrating.

Oct 2, 2013 7:27 AM in response to Rockstarcf

Have you guys tried a hard reset? I've not been able to reproduce this issue but can't remember if this was before or after the hard reset... press sleep/wake and home buttons for 10s until you see the apple logo, then let go. This flushes the memory, which is not the same as powering off (hold sleep/wak & slide to power off).

Just a thought.

HDR mode iOS7 on 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.