Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What Happened to the Preset Radio Stations?

In the old iTunes under the Radio tab there was a huge list of radio genres and stations within each of those genres. Now with 11.1 it looks like they have borrowed (stolen) the idea of Pandora/iHeart etc. where one creates a station according to specific criteria, instead of the preloaded plethora of actual radio stations under an assortment of genres. Missing is News/Talk radio. I type in "News" in the Create Your Own Stations and I get music with the word News in it. Apple is slowly devolving away from what made them stand apart.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 2.66GHz Dual-Core, 6 GB of RAM,

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:06 AM

I think it is still there but moved --

User uploaded file

15 replies

Jan 17, 2014 6:20 PM in response to hapycampr2002

I found the internet option in the preferences. Problem is when I click on any of genre selections, I just get

"An error occurred while contacting the radio tuning service. Check your Internet connection, or try again later."

Happens for every genre choice, every time I have tried.

I have internet conductivity. I'm using it to send this message.

I'm using iTunes 11.1.3 on Mac 0S 10.7.5.

Everything was working fine until I had to update my operating system for a different application on my computer. Now one, by one, I'm having to update everything on my computer, and having difficulties everywhere. Any ideas what's happening with iTunes?

What Happened to the Preset Radio Stations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.