Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search album in iTunes

Hi.

How can I search for an album in the new iTunes (iOs 7)? I found that if I go back to the main iPad screen to activate a global search, I can get a list of musical pieces tied to an album the title of which I entered as a search. But if I click,on a given piece, it will start to play immediately. This is not what I wantnif I just need to get to the listing of a particular album. Is there a way to do this inside iTunes for iPad like I believe we could in the prior versions?

The iPad manual says that tapping the status bar in iTunes will open a search field. What is the status bar in iTunes? I tapped every possible area ion the iTunes screen w/o being able to activate that functionality.

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 6:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:38 PM

I found it! The search field is way up in the album listing, before the A entries. On the right margin, there is an alphabetic shortcut on top of which an icon for a loupe, resembling the letter Q, will take us directly to the search function.

1 reply

Search album in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.