Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my HDTV Monitor not showing anything after hooking up adaptor to video port and 12' cable from my MacBook Pro OS x 10.8.6 ?

After hooking up adaptor to video port and 12' cable from my MacBook Pro OS x 10.8.5, to my HDTV Monitor shouldn't I be viewing video or pictures. content from my MacBook after connecting? What should I do, or what didn't I do correctly... Please help I am fresh to the community here and not sure of how to even retrieve answers from it. I would like to use my DVD and CD drive as well but first things first?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Sleepless with all connectors

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:31 AM

What kind of adapter and cable are you using? Is the adapter plug pushed in all the way (no metal showing) in the computer? Is the correct input selected on the HDTV?

3 replies

Sep 23, 2013 6:54 AM in response to GripKid

I really appreciate the help I have my monitor connected showing movies very well, however the audio is not playing via HDTV? I've went to the web site downloaded the specs to play sound, still not any sound? If its not one thing its another... Thank you both for your help and if you can assist me with the sound great..

Using Divx

Why is my HDTV Monitor not showing anything after hooking up adaptor to video port and 12' cable from my MacBook Pro OS x 10.8.6 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.