Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop the auto play feature playing/streaming the next podcast on PC?

Hi,

since the last update (11.1.0.126), when I listen to podcasts on my pc, iTunes automatically starts playing the previous podcast when the one I was listening to is over. That didn't happen before, and I would like to disable that.

When my podcast is over, I just want iTunes to not play anything, unless I ask him too.

Windows 7, iTunes 11.1.0.126 on PC

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:42 AM

2 replies

Dec 11, 2013 5:42 AM in response to TiboAro

I encountered this issue, as well; the solution is to turn on shuffle. (You may need to start a podcast track playing first; see the screenshot, below.) Podcasts are marked with the "Skip when shuffling" option (you can see this by right-clicking on a podcast track, choosing "Get info", and going to the Options tab). Practically speaking, this means that if you enable shuffle for podcasts, you will get the desired behavior -- the selected podcast will play, but playback won't continue after that track is finished. Also, selecting "shuffle" for podcasts doesn't seem to impact the Music section, so albums or playlists will continue to play in order, unless you also pick shuffle there as well.

I hope this helps; I ran into this same issue running Mac OS X 10.8.5 and iTunes 11.1.1, but I assume the Windows version has the same behavior.

User uploaded file

How to stop the auto play feature playing/streaming the next podcast on PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.