Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I eliminate mouse and keyboard sounds on OS-X 10.8.5?

I've just invested in a new iMac running Mountain Lion. All's well...except that I cannot touch the keyboard or mouse without generating an alert sound, and it is DRIVING ME CRAZY! The cure does not seem to be in any of the usual places. Not in sound, keyboard, mouse, or notification system prefs. Every single gesture on the mouse seems to have its own little sound. Likewise with the keyboard. Who in the world thought this was a good idea, and most important, how do I make them go away?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 7:50 AM

4 replies

Sep 22, 2013 7:57 AM in response to The Old Guitarist

Who in the world thought this was a good idea, and most important, how do I make them go away?

I would imagine nobody thought that as it isn't a default behavior, and I cannot find anywhere in the Accessibility prefs to cause such a behavior.

You have 90 days of free AppleCare support. I would suggest using it.

You also have 14 days to return free and clear. That may also be an option if AppleCare cannot solve the problem.

How can I eliminate mouse and keyboard sounds on OS-X 10.8.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.