Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipod touch 5 wont charge

My IPod was working yesterday, but now it wont charge. When I plug my Ipod in to the computer or outlet, it says "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this ipod". I tried using the other cords I have, but one of them did the same this and the other did nothing. When I do a troubleshoot from my computer, it says that my ipods driver is not working and it said that it was a (code 10). Is there anyway to fix this?

iPod touch

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 8:34 AM

1 reply

Sep 22, 2013 9:42 AM in response to turtlesareawesome

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use. Still could be a bad cable(s).

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

The error 10 could mean either a bad cable, bad iTunes installation, or a bad iPod. Have you tried another compuer?

My Ipod touch 5 wont charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.