Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS7 bug: can't copy text when language isn't English

I can't copy copy text from SMS messages or from Chrome (+other apps). When I press and hold on the screen, the app crashes after 1-2 seconds.

My iPhone language is Hebrew. When setting the language to English, it doesn't crash and works fine.

I have an iPhone 4S with IOS7.0.

A different IOS device in my familiy, an iPhone 4 (not S) works fine with copy operations (language is Hebrew too).

I confirmed the bug by setting the language back and forth to English and Hebrew.

The behavior is consistent - happens every time.

Any suggestions (other than switching to the English language)?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7, Hebrew language, large fonts

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 9:23 AM

You could try resetting your device, but I doubt it will fix this, and the only thing to do is report it to Apple via

http://www.apple.com/feedback

14 replies

Sep 25, 2013 1:41 AM in response to rutigur

I am experiencing from the exact same problem, copy feature in a hebrew language device casing applications to crash, including mail, messages etc.

And beside this 7 version crashes allot, this update has ruin my experience with the device, the ios 7 has destroyed the stability of the ios experience, in my opinion this is Apple's vista, this is by far the shittiest version i have ever seen coming from apple, i own 9 IOS devices and i hear nothing but complaints and question of why did i updated and how can we downgrade,

Hope they will fix all the bugs, crashes, slowness and other oddities i came across real soon

IOS7 bug: can't copy text when language isn't English

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.