Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server 2.2.2 update breaks Time Machine

After updating to Server 2.2.2 the Time Machine Service created a new backup volume instead of using the exisiting volume. It actually created a volume that did not exsist physically on the server causing my Time Machine clients to report an error connecting to thier backup disc. If I delete the new volume and restore the original volume the destination name is changed causing the original backups to be permantley unusable. I've been forced to get rid of all previous backups and start over again with all my clients. These kind of glitches are what make me nervous when I am trying to maintain a reliable backup solution. Is anybody else having this issue or am I the lucky one?

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 8:31 AM

1 reply

Server 2.2.2 update breaks Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.