Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to use airdrop between a macbook pro and my iphone 5S ?

Hi everybody,

I think the whole problem is in the title... I have a macbook pro mid 2012 and a brand new iPhone 5S and I do not suceed in using airdorp : impossible to send any file, my iphone's airdrop is switched on but it's invisible from the mac finder. I tryed to share a photo from the iphone using airdrop but it failed et it's the same problem from the mac to the iphone : impossible !

Is there anybody who can help me please ?

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 8:49 AM

74 replies

Oct 30, 2013 5:56 PM in response to Skilitchii

Yes, disappointing. I was fooled by the appearance of "AirDrop" as well. Hopefully AirDrop will allow iOS-Mac interaction in the future.

The whole idea of sharing has been evolving. Although I also still think of sharing as "pushing files" to someone or a device, much of it can be handled by synchronizing with the apps that are used to open them or by saving/uploading files to online services. You can still push most files using messaging (iMessage/email), which is helpful for sharing with other people who don't have Apple products.

Here are some other ways of looking at the problem of sharing photos/files.

For Apple specific syncing/sharing:

• iCloud works well for snychronizing these items between your Apple devices. Auto sync items Photos, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, iTunes/music, Notes, Safari bookmarks, and a few other. You can share videos to iCloud (this will appear in iPhoto and in Photos on your iOS device)
  • iMessage/Mail - On the Mac, you can Control click (or two finger click with the TrackPad) on any file to iMessage or Mail a file. You can iMessage or Mail from any iOS device as well.
  • iTunes Match (yes, a pay-for service and it requires an Internet connection) works well for listening to your music from anywhere.
  • iTunes home sharing is a good way to see your movies and listen to your music stored on your computer when you are near your computer (on the same network) You can also sync to iTunes over your home network.

Non-Apple:

Dropbox works very well for photos, videos and files. It is one of the easiest to use that I've tried.

Evernote is good for taking notes on things and having it automatically appear on any Internet-connected device.

Google Drive is okay, I'm just not as ga-ga with it.

I know this doesn't help you figure out how to use AirDrop, but hopefully it gives you other options for sharing files/items.

how to use airdrop between a macbook pro and my iphone 5S ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.