Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail app showing 1 unread message incorretly

I have just installed iOS 7 and I now have an unread email appearing in the mail app on my iPhone 4 although when I go to my Yahoo inbox there is nothing there. I have tried to delete the acount and have re added it again but as soon as I receive an email to my Yahoo account I get 2 unread alerts. I have checked my Yahoo mail on their webpage but there aren't any messages there either. I have also tried restarting my iPhone but still no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 9:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 9:07 AM

I have just found this article

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5329266%2323042506

2 replies

Sep 25, 2013 8:29 AM in response to AliM1987

I have the exact same issue -- one phantom Yahoo unread message (not) in my Yahoo inbox. The "fix" in the linked discussion, which is to mark all messages "unread" and then "read", appears to work but it's only temporary. The next time a message comes in to the Yahoo account, the unread count jumps to 2 instead of 1 and after reading all messages actually there to read, we're back to where we started.

Mail app showing 1 unread message incorretly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.