Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

which connection do I use to transfer slideshow to tv?

I have aperture 3.4.5 and have createt a slideshow for TV. Wich cabel do I use. It is aprox. 13 GB.?

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 11:01 PM

I think we need more information.

What computer are you using?

What kind of inputs does your TV have?

Jerry

4 replies

Sep 23, 2013 6:04 AM in response to mettemoms

mettemoms wrote:

I have OS 10.8.5, mac book pro from mid 2012.

I would prefer to connect directly from my aperture to the tv screen.

Unfortunately you failed to answer the question about type of inputs to the TV(s).

Below is a short bit of information about video support and output for a mid-2012 MacBook Pro. (https://support.apple.com/kb/SP649) I assume it describes your machine.

Depending on what inputs are available on your TV(s) you need the the Mini Display Port adaptor which fits that input type. You will also need the proper cable to go from the adaptor to the TV. Then use the 'Displays' preference in System Preferences to set the proper resolution (if not done automatically) and choose the TV to which you want the video signal sent. Please understand that the slideshow may suffer from lack of resolution on the TV as many TVs do not provide the resolution that computer monitors do.

(Look to http://www.monoprice.com for resonably priced cables and adaptors.)

Jerry

Graphics and Video Support

Dual display and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display and up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on an external display, both at millions of colors

Thunderbolt digital video output
  • Native Mini DisplayPort output
  • DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter (sold separately)
  • VGA output using Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter (sold separately)
  • Dual-link DVI output using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter (sold separately)
  • HDMI audio and video output using third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter (sold separately)

which connection do I use to transfer slideshow to tv?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.