Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Behaviour of Smart Cover on iPad Under iOS 7

Since upgrade to iOS 7 I can't seem to get the Smart Cover to work as I would expect. Assume that I have enabled the "lock / unlock" in settings. Pass code lock is off, and auto lock is set to 2 minutes. Any suggestions welcome.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM), iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 10:08 AM

I had the same trouble. Did you turn it off/on after the lock/unlock? I did notice that it took about 10 minutes after I turned it back on for the magnetic cover to start putting the iPad to sleep when closed.

2 replies

Sep 22, 2013 10:28 AM in response to stephanietomlinson

Thanks. And worth a try.

Strangely, I have a Logitech thin keyboard / cover that *does* work. And (worryingly) I can make the device sleep with the Smart Cover by taking it off the iPad, and waving the magnet at the top right of the iPad screen. This is a current generation of the iPad, but an earlier generation of the Smart Cover. Could it be that there has been a design change that makes the earlier cover work less reliably? Or might the strength of the magnet in the Logitech cover have "done something" to the sensor to make it less easily activated?

All part of life's rich tapestry.

Behaviour of Smart Cover on iPad Under iOS 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.