Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

education discount and employee discount

If you get a discount because youre an employee do you also get the education discount if youre in college.

PS: Im not an employee

macbook pro soon, Windows XP, soon to have mac

Posted on Jun 25, 2006 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2006 9:52 AM

You can get one or the other, but you can't "stack" them. For either one there are qualifying requirements. The discounts are generally available through Apple Stores, either online or in an Apple Store. The discount on any particular item may be different.
The educational discount is usually available to school staff (for example: teachers, support staff, school board members) & higher education students (college level). I believe there is also a discount available to parents of K-12 students, but this is not the same as the education discount. The education discount is good Apple hardware & software online but only on hardware in the "brick & mortar" Apple Store.

Apple employees get discounts, of course. There are also Employee Purchase Plans which are an agreement between Apple & companies to allow the company's employees discounts. The employee purchase plan with my employer is good for discounts on hardware & software, including third-party products, in both online & retail Apple Stores.

There are also discounts for many government employees.

User uploaded file
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2006 9:52 AM in response to linkin park

You can get one or the other, but you can't "stack" them. For either one there are qualifying requirements. The discounts are generally available through Apple Stores, either online or in an Apple Store. The discount on any particular item may be different.
The educational discount is usually available to school staff (for example: teachers, support staff, school board members) & higher education students (college level). I believe there is also a discount available to parents of K-12 students, but this is not the same as the education discount. The education discount is good Apple hardware & software online but only on hardware in the "brick & mortar" Apple Store.

Apple employees get discounts, of course. There are also Employee Purchase Plans which are an agreement between Apple & companies to allow the company's employees discounts. The employee purchase plan with my employer is good for discounts on hardware & software, including third-party products, in both online & retail Apple Stores.

There are also discounts for many government employees.

User uploaded file

Jun 25, 2006 10:16 AM in response to linkin park

Again, no you can't "stack" as posted above.

You can either take the employee discount (you're not eligible for special offers the way I understand it ex. the nano) or take the education discount and get the rebate on the nano.

What does it matter if you're not an employee (as you posted above) anyways?

You need to pick one as the offers "cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer."

education discount and employee discount

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.