Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get iOS6 interface style (Agenda, icons...) from iOS7 device ?

Hi everyone,

I'm clearly not the only to say that the iOS7 interface is an huge step back in clarity and beauty. In deed, the agenda is not practical, the dock is ugly ...

Is there a way to keep iOS7 and then have an iOS6 style interface ?

IOS7 is great for some features, but catastrophic also for others. The greatest thing should be to have the opportunities to choose how iOS7 gonna display things, new or old fashion style.

Is there a way to do so ?

Thank you a lot,

Arthur

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 11:10 AM

2 replies

Sep 26, 2013 8:44 AM in response to Fox_Paris

My personal opinion is there are many many UI issues with iOS7, here are just a few we could talk about, I think Apple must at least try to fix some of the major usability issues with iOS7. The icons and font are not my favorite, but I could get used to it. But having a phone and major applications that are not useabile is something I can't live with. From a poll in my office, we have seen about 50% of iPhone users experiencing these issues. It's seems to break down by "male/female" and "age/eye quality". This is not a "sports, masculine" look, it' doesn't appeal to me and my man cave environment. But most women seem to like the colors and look. It also seem to break down based on how your eyes process the bright white. Blue eyes from nordic (low light) countires have a harder time dealing with the bright white and light greay thin text.

Here is my list of things that are broken and need to be addressed ASAP, even if they don't replace the GUI completely!

1. I have blue eyes, and the contrast between the white white and the light grey on many of the new screens makes it very hard if not impossible for me to use without reading glasses. I am 51 years old and find that I need to pull out my reading glasses much more often now.

2. iTunes on iOS7 is very hard to use now, they now show all my iCloud music and require me to page through 100's of songs. The UI here is broken and we should have discussions about it.

3. The weather applicatinos changing background means that 50% of the time, the wihte city name is hidden by white cloud, i have 20 cities and it's very hard to use that application as well now.

4. Notes: There is a reason humanity developed the yellow on black legal pad, It works, black on yellow is easy to read. A thin font on stark white is hard to read. The usability of notes bad has become horrible, especially someone with blue eyes.

5. The calendar UI is far to small, i can't use my fingers to select days now, the people that tested iOS7 must have had very very small fingers. Sure i've gained a few pounds, but honestly, the places you have to touch are so small now, if your off just a little bit, you can't use this application. It's like apple has just abandonded usabilty for packing more options and data into the screen.

How to get iOS6 interface style (Agenda, icons...) from iOS7 device ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.