Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my mouse keep moving by it self and clicking on everything! whats the problem?, my mouse keep moving by it self and clicking on everything! whats the problem?, my mouse keep moving by it self and clicking on everything! whats the problem?

its been 2 days since this problem started. the mouse keeps moving around by it self and clicking on random places like files and apps.

what is the problem?

i thought i was hacked but even if i turn the wifi off still keeps doing the same problem! is it software problem or hardwear problem?

what is the solution?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:04 PM

8 replies

Sep 24, 2013 2:57 PM in response to Dark Vision

My MacBook Pro has had this problem off and on and I accidentally discovered a way to "cure" it. When the cursor starts getting erratic, I quickly close the cover of my MacBook and wait a little. When I open it again, the cursor has usually calmed down, at least for a minute. Sometimes I have to do this over and over for several days, and then it finally stops. This last time it happened, it stopped in much less time than it had before. It takes patience, but it works, and you don't need to call a technician.

Sep 24, 2013 3:15 PM in response to jazzrascal

jazzrascal:

This is excessively bad advice! What you are recommending really just amounts to ignoring the symptoms and hoping that the problem goes away. If this is being caused by a swollen battery, ignoring it could result in permanent damage to the computer. If it is actually being caused by someone accessing the computer remotely, ignoring it gives them more opportunities to do something malicious.

See:

My mouse keeps moving around on its own, as if someone is remotely controlling my Mac!

Please stop posting this advice everywhere!

Feb 11, 2014 2:17 PM in response to Dark Vision

PROBLEM SOLVED! Thank the Lord! My mouse cursor was moving erratically, seemed to be opening tabs, maybe doing the equivalent of holding shift and dragging, minimized windows, etc. Pretty much the same problems I see on other's posts.

I tried dissonnecting WI-FI, then shutting off Bluetooth, Disconnected and Turned off my Bluetooth Mouse, disconnected my wireless keyboard nub from the USB port, tried shutting off my Macbook and restrarting. I even shut the lid of my Macbook and worked off my second monitor in clamshell mode. NOTHING WORKED.

I thought I was hacked or had some type of Malware for sure, but it was a simple fix that I found on another help board.

I clean my Mac, keyboard and mouse regularly and had just got done wiping everything with a cloth with a mixture of warm water and rubbing alcohol (recommended)

I saw on another board that someone fixed their problem by moving their trackpad (gently) to the right, since the trackpad seemed to be too snug on the left side of the macbook body edge it sits in.

I moved the trackpad over and it took care of my problem immediately.

It was comforting to learn that Malware on a Mac is in fact still rare and that it is unlikely that someone would hack into your computer to 'remote control' your machine and be obvious about it.

No ghost in the machine. Trackpad is incredibly sensiitive I've learned.

Share the knowledge!

Blessings!

my mouse keep moving by it self and clicking on everything! whats the problem?, my mouse keep moving by it self and clicking on everything! whats the problem?, my mouse keep moving by it self and clicking on everything! whats the problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.