Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cam all blurry in Facetime and voice no longer clear in maps following upgrade to ios7

Following a problem free upgrade to ios7 on my iphone 5 the camera image in Facetime is out of focus and blurry... Ihave checked the camera with the cam app and it is fine.

Also the voice that gives directions in the map app now sounds like its

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:34 PM

4 replies

Oct 27, 2013 4:16 PM in response to bucslife

I thought I was having the same issues until I did a bit more poking around on the net and discovered that when you start FaceTime on an iOS device under iOS 7, it shows as a background the video feed from the front-facing camera, but all blurred out. As soon as you start to call someone, however, the picture changes to a sharp image of yourself. Hope this helps.

Jan 26, 2014 5:18 AM in response to bucslife

Yeah, I had much confusion too. The blur of your own face when you start FaceTime is intentional but not documented. As soon as you make a call, the blur goes away. Apple must think the various blur effects they have added to ios7 are cool. Would be nice if they informed us this was not a problem with the hardware or software. So many people confused, and so many people simply suggesting you clean your camera. Hope this helps.

Cam all blurry in Facetime and voice no longer clear in maps following upgrade to ios7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.