Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installed iOS 7, FaceTime and Skype no longer picking up microphone

Installed iOS 7 on iPad 2. Same problem on Skype and FaceTime. Can see and hear party. They can see me but cannot hear me.

Rebooted. Check settings for privacy, microphone, etc. not working. Switch off waited 5 min, switch on still not working.

Reinstalled skype. Not working.

What is the solution?

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:39 PM

4 replies

Sep 24, 2013 9:05 AM in response to Balagangadaran

Thanks for reply. Have done this already. Been spending 48 hours solving all the hardware issues that iOS 7 has caused. I have hardware issues that I never had before update. Had my beef with apple customer service that resulted in Apple being very keen on charging me £200+ for fixing iPad or advising me to buy anew iPad.

Result is that microphone is dead since update after resetting to factory setting 3 times!

Xmas will buy a nexus or samsung, fed up with the bad customer service, the poor software updates, 2 years for a £500 iPad is a bad return on money.

Apple take note!

Installed iOS 7, FaceTime and Skype no longer picking up microphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.