Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you remove the on screen keyboard stuck on screen, which is still displayed when locked?

Hi all!

iCloud asked for my password, but i cancelled the request and it left the on screen keyboard still displayed. Tried opening apps or locking the phone, but it was still displayed. Couldn't even use it to write messages 😀

Is there a proper way of removing the keyboard other than turning the phone off?

Thanks,

Dave

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:34 PM

1 reply

Sep 24, 2013 2:00 PM in response to Reaper666uk

Hello Reaper666uk,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with your keyboard appearing at unexpected times. I recommend restarting your iPhone, followed by a reset if the restart does not help.

Restarting your iOS device

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red "slide to power off" slider appears, and then slide the slider.

Resetting your device

You can reset it by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

How do you remove the on screen keyboard stuck on screen, which is still displayed when locked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.