Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus facebook.vbs

Thanks in advance for your help

I was infected by a virus called facebook.vbs through a usb key. No problem for my Mac but when i put a new usb key or a new storage support the new one will be infected too.

How can I destroy this virus ?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:40 PM

3 replies

Sep 22, 2013 2:09 PM in response to ptt8

There is no such malware that affects the Mac. The .vbs extension suggests that this is a VisualBasic script, which is only capable of running on a Windows machine. Thus, your Mac is not infected with anything. If you found this on a USB flash drive, and if it is truly malware, then it was put there by an infected Windows machine, and cannot affect your Mac, and thus won't be able to infect any other flash drives you connect to your Mac.

Virus facebook.vbs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.