Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On iOS 7, I have Apps in the pending updates section that are up to date.

Since I updated to iOS 7, there are several Apps in the "Pending" section but there are no updates available for them. Many of them got their last update in October 2012! And instead of an "Update" button, it just says "Open" to the right. Is there an easy way to fix this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 12:38 PM

28 replies

Sep 24, 2013 10:27 AM in response to A_Freakout

What you are seeing is the way things are now with the updated Stores. It is supposedly a new feature, intended primarily for those using the auto-update feature so they have a record of what was updated and when. However, even if using manual updating, the list still appears.

You cannot manually clear it (at least no one seems to have found a way to). Whether or not it will self-purge itself (perhaps droping things once they are a set number of days past, for example) also remains to be seen.

Bottom line - this is normal behavior for the new store fronts in iOS 7.

Sep 24, 2013 12:12 PM in response to Michael Black

I have the same problem as A_Freakout. We are not discussing the new format in the updates area.

In ios7, under updates there are two sections. The top section appears only when there are updates available and it is called "Pending Updates". The lower section is all the apps that have been updated and is divided into the dates the update occured.

My problem is that, 13 apps have stayed in the "Pending Updates" section, even after they have been updated. Thus it shows that I have 13 apps to download.

Hopefully this explains the problem better.

On iOS 7, I have Apps in the pending updates section that are up to date.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.