Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

previews corrupted

Every once in a while a RAW preview will show up corrupted using Aperture 3.4.5 (see below):

User uploaded file

It "Edits in Photoshop CC" okay, and "exports" as a version and can be viewed in Preview fine, but the Aperture thumnail remains $#%#I%UTY!!

I tried the work-around of select image > Option + Photo > Generate Preview and it works with older RAW (NEF) files, but not on the newer RAW (ORF) files.

Any other tips n' tricks to work around this problem?

Brian

iPad 2, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 1:03 PM

6 replies

Sep 23, 2013 1:23 AM in response to azartguy

I tried the work-around of select image > Option + Photo > Generate Preview and it works with older RAW (NEF) files, but not on the newer RAW (ORF) files.

Have you tried, to use "Photo > Generate Thumbnail" instead? Since it are the thumbnails that are looking corrupted and not the previews?

What is your current Raw support version? The latest Digital Raw Compatibility Update 4.08 caused problems with some Nikon and Canon raws. If you have not yet updated to Digital Raw Compatibility Update 4.09, do that and try, if that will fix the problem. Download here:

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.09

Regards

Léonie

Sep 23, 2013 2:42 AM in response to azartguy

Do you have "View >Highlight Hot and Cold Areas" turned on? That may look similar. I noticed in your screenshot, that only the lighter parts of the images appear to be red.

User uploaded file

When has been the last time, that you repaired your Aperture library? I'd try all the the Library First Aid options in turn, starting with "Repair Database": Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

Sep 23, 2013 12:49 PM in response to léonie

Leoni,

"hot and cold" isn't on.

And thanks for the link, but predicatzbly the repair popup screen doesn't come. Using

Aperture Library+Command+Option just opens Aperture.

So I guess I can now add that to the growing list of Aperture problems:

• intermitentlay not displaying saved PSD version #
  • corrupting the preveiws or thumbnails of whatever they are
  • now I can't repair the the database.

# this is the solution from the Apple Aperrture 'expert' for that continuing problem:

Finder > Go > Library > com.apple.Aperture.plist > trash and then rebuild all my preferences.

This works for a while, then it happens again and I have to repeat the process.

Brian

Sep 23, 2013 1:03 PM in response to azartguy

Aperture Library+Command+Option just opens Aperture.

Did you hold the buttons down firmly and long enough?

Try again, with first holding down both keys ⌥⌘ firmly and holding them down, while double clicking the Aperture icon (or better, directly the Aperture library that you want to repair). Don't release the ⌥⌘ keys, until the First Aid panel appears.

previews corrupted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.