Skip navigation

previews corrupted

507 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 2:59 PM by azartguy RSS
azartguy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 22, 2013 1:03 PM

Every once in a while a RAW preview will show up corrupted using Aperture 3.4.5  (see below):

APERTURE THUMBNAILS PROBLEM.png

It "Edits in Photoshop CC" okay, and "exports" as a version and can be viewed in Preview fine, but the Aperture thumnail remains $#%#I%UTY!!

I tried the work-around of select image > Option + Photo > Generate Preview and it works with older RAW (NEF) files, but not on the newer RAW (ORF) files.

Any other tips n' tricks to work around this problem?

Brian

iPad 2, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,485 points)
    Sep 23, 2013 1:23 AM (in response to azartguy)

I tried the work-around of select image > Option + Photo > Generate Preview and it works with older RAW (NEF) files, but not on the newer RAW (ORF) files.

Have you tried, to use "Photo > Generate Thumbnail" instead? Since it are the thumbnails that are looking corrupted and not the previews?

What is your current Raw support version? The latest Digital Raw Compatibility Update 4.08 caused problems with some Nikon and Canon raws. If you have not yet updated to Digital Raw Compatibility Update 4.09, do that and try, if that will fix the problem. Download here:

Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.09

Regards

Léonie

Sep 23, 2013 2:42 AM (in response to azartguy)

Do you have "View >Highlight Hot and Cold Areas" turned on? That may look similar. I noticed in your screenshot, that only the lighter parts of the images appear to be red.

Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 11.40.30MESZ.PNG

When has been the last time, that you repaired your Aperture library? I'd try all the the Library First Aid options in turn, starting with "Repair Database": Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

Sep 23, 2013 1:03 PM (in response to azartguy)

Aperture Library+Command+Option  just opens Aperture.

Did you hold the buttons down firmly and long enough? 

Try again, with first holding down both keys ⌥⌘ firmly and holding them down, while double clicking the Aperture icon (or better, directly the Aperture library that you want to repair). Don't release the ⌥⌘ keys, until the First Aid panel appears.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.