Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I resize a PhotoBooth/Quicktime video?

I am trying to apply for the CBS show Survivor and I made a 90MB video on PhotoBooth. Unfortuately the video has to be 30MB or less to upload it to the application site. The length maximum is 3 minutes and my video is about 2 minutes and 45 seconds. I exported the video to my desktop and saved it as .mov so now it opens and plays in QuickTime. I am trying to figure out how to resize the video so it is less than 30MB any help is welcome! Thanks

MacBook Pro, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 1:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 22, 2013 4:45 PM in response to SaraRosie16

I am trying to apply for the CBS show Survivor and I made a 90MB video on PhotoBooth. Unfortuately the video has to be 30MB or less to upload it to the application site. The length maximum is 3 minutes and my video is about 2 minutes and 45 seconds. I exported the video to my desktop and saved it as .mov so now it opens and plays in QuickTime. I am trying to figure out how to resize the video so it is less than 30MB any help is welcome!

You basically need to reduce your total (audio + video) data rate by two-thirds. The size of a file is roughly equal to the (total data rate) times (video duration). This simply means you need to re-compress the file using a lower data rate, more efficient compression format, and/or user settings settings that produce a lower data rate. In this case something on the order of 1.40 Mbps to 1.45 Mbps total data rate should produce a 2 min 45 sec sub 30 MB file. Unfortunately, without knowing more about the source file, it is difficult to say which options will produce the best results here.

User uploaded file

How do I resize a PhotoBooth/Quicktime video?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.