Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems texting using multiple phones on the same itunes/icloud account

My family and I recently upgraded to IO7, prior to that my wife, my son and I each have an Iphone and my wife and I each have an Ipad all devices worked indepedently. Since the IO7 upgrade neither my wife, son or I can nolonger text eachother, if my wife text me, some of the text goes to my Son.

Pior to the upgrade we had all 5 devices set to the same Itunes account. My wife and I each have an Iphone 5, my son has an Iphone 4s, also we have two Ipad2 on the account.

How do we get everything to work normally again???

I hope someone can help.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 1:51 PM

3 replies

Sep 22, 2013 1:52 PM in response to Ohanaforever7777

You could simply ensure that only the numbers and addresses you wish to use on each device are checked at Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. However this isn’t an ideal solution because the other person can always change these settings from their device and have some fun with you and your contacts.

You’d be far better getting them to delete your account from their device and have them create one of their own.

problems texting using multiple phones on the same itunes/icloud account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.