Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you turn off the Photos Tab?

Upgraded to iOS7 and canot stand the Photos Tab, I thought I was able to shut it off by going into Settings > Photos & Camera and then under Photo Tab, I shut off Summerize Photos. I was hoping that would shut it off and make it either go away or not display anything. But, of course not. What that button does do is "choose compact summerized views for Collections and Years." - whatever that means??

Anyone know? Trying to view the images in Years is a complete joke since the iPhone 5 screen is so small - and I don't want to view all my images or anyone else ot view them all, in one place. How do I shut this annoying (and useless) feature off. I prefer to organize my photos the way I have done it for years (not apples way). Matter of fact, I don't want this to even be an option when I hand my phone to someone else to use/see.

Anyone know how to shut this Photo Tab off?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 22, 2013 1:58 PM

3 replies

Sep 22, 2013 2:14 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yeah, I know that. I am asking how do I shut off the Photos Tab? I went into the Settings > Photos & Camera > Photos Tab and turned off the summarize photos, but that Photos Tab is still displaying (and displaying ALL of my photos). I do not want ALL my photos Summarized in the Photos Tab. I dont even want the Photos Tab to be an option. Is this a bug? Or do someone know how to shut this Photos Tab off??

Thanks.

How do you turn off the Photos Tab?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.